Underline the appropriate verb for the subject..
1. Many adventurers (walk, walks) in these woods.
2. The fountain of youth (gush, gushes) water somewhere here.
3. However, a hag (own, owns) these woods.
4. This crone (do, does) not like people to trespass.
5. At night, she (sit, sits) where two paths intersect.
6. When adventurers (come, comes), she (confuse, confuses) them.
7. The poor sods always (choose, chooses) the wrong path in the dark.
8. During the day, ogres (prowl, prowls) about in the woods.
9. Ogres (like, likes) tasty, broiled person.
10. Also, a basalisk (live, lives) in this frightening forest.
11. If a basalisk (look, looks) at a person, the person (turn, turns) to stone.
12. Goblins and gnomes also (inhabit, inhabits) the woods.
13. Goblins (mesmorize, mesmorizes) people.
14. Gnomes (steal, steals) children.
15. No one (has, have) yet found the fountain of youth!
Want to go to the answer key?
If you would like to learn more grammar, just go to the Grammar Table of Contents.