HOW TO FIND VERBS EXERCISES
Courtesy of Oestarapublishing LLC
for non-commercial purposes.
SCIENCE FICTION GRAMMAR CONTENTS
FIND VERBS KEY
In this exercise, underline the complete verb; and then, write how many verbs exist in the sentence.
1. The troll lived under the bridge.
2. The troll will eat whoever does not pay him a toll.
3. The knight must have refused to pay the troll.
4. The knight's bones have been picked clean.
5. The knight should have paid the troll!
6. The troll has now stepped out into the sunlight.
7.The troll has turned into stone!
8. The troll will no longer munch knights.
9. Now everyone can cross the bridge safely.
10. However, there is that strange, chilly spot in the middle of the bridge.
11. Perhaps the knight haunts the bridge.
In this exercise, write whether the verb is an action verb or a linking verb.
Jorge looks around the room.
Jorge looks good.
The wind smells of roses.
Maria smells the fragrant wind.
The child sounds the gong.
The gong sounds melodious.
There is an answer key available.